Sunday, May 8, 2011

New blog, but not new ideas

Well, I procrastinated about this, mainly because I did not really want to do it, but the continued issues at my old blog/journal/ranting space with outside attacks and hijinks sealed the deal. Now with that said.....

Hackers suck. This week, I followed the news about the Playstation Network and its 77 million user accounts being completely hacked, i.e. 77 million people had all personal information (credit card numbers,  phone numbers, addresses, passwords, etc.) seen and at this point has probably been sold to various black market folks. Think about that number for a number....77 million. And what did these people do, what was the crime these anti heroes wanted to expose? They just wanted to play games. That's it, play fucking games. So thanks hackers for using social subversion to expose those damn gamers. Big high five. I hope that wolverines eat your toes. Slowly. ( And in case you are wondering, no, I do not have a PS3, nor an online gaming account. And now I won't.)

On happier shores, Saturday was Free Comic Book Day (FCBD) round the world, and the ole twitter feed was alive with happiness and joy and great photos. Regardless of my stance as a geek and outright nerd, FCBD was a relief with recent bad events here in my corner of the world. I thought it was weird though that as I went out Saturday night and heard not one, not two, but three awful college rock cover bands (another long story), regaled in my Batman tee and jeans with canvas shoes, I was constantly asked what was up with the shirt? (Sigh), I just smiled and said "da-na-na-na-na-na" and laughed and shrugged. I'm 34 years old and I will never ever apologize again for being the geek I am. So for those that say I need to grow up or think it strange I say: When you are finished with your doctoral degree, come talk to me. (grinning like a madman).

Oh, I am building this site ( and one other) slowly as I am trying to really learn about it, so apologies about the look. It will probably be under construction (much like its omniscient narrator) for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment