Thursday, May 19, 2011

Getting back on the horse

So...meetings went well yesterday and I have been assigned to my first upper level college teaching assignment. When that class begins in August, it will be the first time I have taught since leaving my teaching position in June of 2008. Some would probably ask me what the problem is, but those that teach or have taught know that teaching is practice, and when you are out of practice, your ability to teach effectively is seriously diminished. Basically, by the time the semester ends in late November, I will feel like I am just starting to get rolling again!

Yesterday was, as it is every Wednesday, new comic book day (YAY!). While it would be easy for me to give the nod to one of the big titles, I came across a great little anthology book:







John Cassady, Dave Stevens, Mike Allred, Mike Mignola, W.M. Kaluta...WHEW, all that fantastic art in 32 little pages. Its a serious steal and a serious amount of pre-industrial complex post modern America hero stories! This has been apart of a great re-trend in the medium in the last few years of one-shots and anthologies. As a fan of art, its just good to see. (I also highly recommend Dark Horse Presents).

If you haven't seen the most recent Doctor Who episode "The Doctor's Wife" by Neil Gaiman please do so. It really is a great episode in a series that just continues to have legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment